Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feeding Your Child Healthy Food Now Can Help Him Years Later


By Julia Moravcsik, PhD, author of Teach Your Child to Love Healthy Food

Wendy Oddy and her colleagues at Perth's Telethon Institute for Child Health Research have done some interesting studies finding that children who are fed healthy food have lower rates of anxiety and ADHD when they become teenagers.

I'm concentrating this blog on HOW to teach children the taste of healthy foods, not WHY they should eat healthy foods. But sometimes, when your child seems to be taking weeks to learn to like Brussels sprouts, or your mother-in-law is insisting that your kids eat sweets because it will "give them energy to grow", it's nice to know that the effort you are making today may make a huge difference in your child's life later on.

Keep with it!

Would you like a simple, easy-to-follow program that will teach your child to love healthy food? See my new book Teach Your Child to Love Healthy Food on amazon.com.

Related Articles

Junk Food Diet May Cause Autism Through Insulin Resistance

Find me on Facebook or Twitter.  

3 comments:

  1. Huh, I had always thought this, but I'm glad research is being done on it. This is just another example of how good nurturing can help kids have a better nature. More parents need to learn about this. Thank you! Oh, and you can stop by my site for some information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous information all over your blog Julia! Love your articles and am now sharing them with my readers. Are you on Facebook or Twitter so I can follow you there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, Thanks for the kind words! I've opened up Facebook and Twitter accounts and added links to the side of the blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinions, questions, or comments.